Week 7 NFL power rankings
Week 7 NFL power rankings
- Bills (2): Are you selecting anybody to beat them on an impartial discipline? Sunday’s win at Arrowhead Stadium mapped a path to the AFC’s No. 1 seed. QB Josh Allen is arguably the league MVP by way of six weeks, and there are already rumblings Buffalo may get higher Odell Beckham. Christian McCaffrey? Throw in a way of accountability and brotherhood that led S Jordan Poyer he wasn’t medically cleared to fly to endure a 15-hour drive to and from Kansas Metropolis, the place he performed all 67 snaps, and it is powerful to not take into account the Payments prohibitive Tremendous Bowl favorites.
- Eagles (1): Slotting the league’s solely undefeated staff as 1A could be a copout, however Philadelphia is nicely past legit. One other second-quarter blitzkrieg neutralized Dallas’ vaunted protection Sunday night time, and the Eagles – they’re on bye in Week 7 – seem to have not less than a reasonably clean runway to 9-0. Fantastically balanced in each part, the Allen issue is the most important consideration differentiating Philly from Buffalo, as nice as QB Jalen Hurts has been.
- Chiefs (3): Even without WR Tyreek Hill, they’re nonetheless the league’s top-scoring staff. However what about mixing in bodily rookie RB Isiah Pacheco only a bit extra typically, Andy?
- Cowboys (5): There appears to be a reasonably clear level of demarcation right here, with Dallas arguably headlining the second tier of golf equipment in an uber-compressed, hyper-balanced league. However the pending return of QB Dak Prescott – assuming he can increase the staff’s latest profitable system – may vault the Cowboys into the highest stratum. Taking part in their subsequent 4 video games in opposition to the NFC North might also assist.
- Vikings (7): They’re one in every of solely 4 groups with 5 wins, flimsy as their document may really feel. Winners of 4 straight, none by multiple rating, Minnesota gamer’s greatest keep away from getting massive heads heading into their bye.
- Giants (8): They’re persistently pulling victory from the jaws of defeat, profitable three video games after overcoming double-digit leads.
- Ravens (4): They’re persistently pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, shedding three video games after surrendering double-digit leads.
- Bengals (11): Notice to QB Joe Burrow and WR Ja’Marr Chase – Tremendous Bowl 59 is in New Orleans, the place the duo was almost as dominant Sunday because it was whereas profitable the faculty soccer nationwide championship sport in 2020.
- 49ers (6): The accidents might have reached vital mass for a squad that surrendered 28 factors in Atlanta, greater than double the 12.2 factors San Francisco had allowed on common over the primary 5 weeks.
- Dolphins (12): We need to be spared many extra Griddy celebrations from Mike Gesicki given QB Tua Tagovailoa, who not often targets the tight finish, is due again this Sunday night time.
- Patriots (15): Rookie QB Bailey Zappe’s function within the offense has grown by the week – to the purpose it looks like hardly a given Mac Jones (ankle) will instantly get the job again even when he is wholesome sufficient to play.
- Jets (17): They have been 1-2 and averaging greater than 50 passes per sport with QB2 Joe Flacco. Since Zach Wilson’s return, the NYJ have gone 3-0 – and he is not making an attempt half as many throws as Flacco. Conversely, the abruptly hovering Jets are averaging 137.3 speeding yards throughout their win streak, an enhancement of fifty+ per week with Wilson within the lineup.
- Chargers (13): Good factor they have Dustin Hopkins, who’s apparently the league’s hardest kicker, laboring his strategy to 13 factors – together with the game-winning discipline objective in Monday night time’s extra-time win
- Packers (9): You’d assume it is a good time to get out of Wisconsin after struggling with a shock sweep by the hands of New York’s most interesting. However the Pack’s subsequent three are on the street, the place they’ve misplaced 4 of six – not together with the Week 5 setback in London.
- Buccaneers (10): When QB Tom Brady is getting Wednesdays off and lacking extra follow time to attend Robert Kraft’s marriage ceremony, does he nonetheless get to air out his line when the offense is (unsurprisingly?) not in sync?